Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Paul Villinski


I have just discovered the wonderfully imaginative artist Paul Villinski! I found him when browsing on the internet for some inspiration on butterfly's, when I cam across his art project for 'Birds & Butterfly's'. Villinski collected unwanted squashed beer cans from New York streets & carefully cut them to create these beautiful displays of butterfly's. I feel I have made a connection with this artist, especially with the work that I am currently undergoing on 'freedom'. He also produced work including feathers from wings of birds & looks a lot into aircraft & flying, which I feel is the ultimate element of 'freedom'. His work has a very open & free energy to it as there is so much movement in his arrangements of the butterfly's & so much freedom in them also. On his website he states that the butterfly's represent 'rebirth in all cultures', I admire how Villinski has looked deeper into the art of butterfly's not just seeing them as 'pretty little creatures' but bursts of life & energy fluttering around & coming to life in his work. I have found his work incredibly inspiring & would like to look deeper into finding an artful way of representing butterfly's & birds for the incredible flying machines that they really are.

More of Paul Villinski's work is displayed below with a link to his website at the bottom:







No comments:

Post a Comment