Pages

Saturday 24 December 2011

Hippie Hippie Hippie Love


I have been given a new brief over the Xmas holidays which is concentrating on 'personal passions'. Over the Christmas break I am to develop some drawings & research on what i'm interested in & things that really excite me as an artist. So I have been thinking of my interests & passions for a while & realised that nothing excites me more then 'Hippie' culture. I am really interested in the type of artwork that people create when having hippies in mind & am particularly fond of what hippies stand for - peace. I believe that everyone should find a way to live together in harmony & I think it's a wonderful thing, also being a free spirited person is something that strikes out to me. I will look into psychedelic style artwork & aztec patterns for inspiration. 

The 'hippie style' fashion has always really appealed to me including things like dreamcatcher necklaces, gypsy stone rings, John Lennon style round sunglasses, feathers in the hair, denim shorts & tie dyed clothing. I am going to concentrate on this passion for this project & am really excited to get started on developing something that I love so much. I will try to include my other interests into this work creating collages & patterns, whilst using things like paper, tape, maps, colour etc.

Here are some images of what i'm interested in which I have collected form my tumblr. blog:















No comments:

Post a Comment