Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

Deanna Halsall

Hung Drawn Quartered.

I recently stumbled across the work of Deanna Halsall whilst browsing on the website http://pinterest.com/ which is an online inboard. I was instantly attracted to the image above because I thought it had a kind of hippie vibe which is what I have been looking at for my current brief on 'personal passions'. I googled her work and found that she has a brilliant website http://deannahalsall.co.uk/work which displays lots of her work & interesting information about her. I found her other work to be just as captivating as the first image I saw. She uses magnificent, vibrant & bold colours in her work which really draws you in & brings the pictures to life. She is very inventive with shape, colour & scale using line and shapes to create forms, also her work is quite cartoon like which makes you seem playful & fun. I also feel that there is quite a lot of movement in her work with all the swirls and shapes, making it feel really rhythmic & expressive. 

Here are some more of her images which I found on her website:

Patterns.

His / Berlin.

Hers / Berlin. 

Love / Logo.

She's Like a Rainbow. 

I really love Deanna's use of bold yet washed down colours in this image. She created it with watercolour & I particularly like how she has let the water colour run down the page to create the women's hair. Even though the women looks upset with her eyes closed in the painting I still feel its a happy painting because of the vibrant colours used & the title of the image. She created 'She's Like a Rainbow' when she was inspired by the Rolling Stone's song 'She's Like a Rainbow' & states on her website that she has recently been enjoying using different medium to create art, especially watercolour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment