Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Portfolio Visit Two

For my second portfolio visit I was relying on my trip that I took to The Manchester Craft Centre last week to get me another one.  spoke to some of the designers there and collected lots of business cards to contact people on but despite being told by two that I would be ok to go in and show my work I failed to get another visit. I also emailed a lot of the contacts who's cards I took but sadly no one got back to me, despite again being told by them at the craft centre that it would be fine to send a PDF for them to view and give me feedback. 

I did get a response form a lady called Suzanne Devine who very kindly agreed to help me out but with it being quite close to Christmas was very bus so I was unable to go and visit her. Her response to me asking her for a visit is shown below:

Hi Lyndsay,
I would love to help you. It is a busy week really and so can't say when I will have time to properly look at your work. Is it possible to do it after the Christmas break or is there an urgency for it?
Let me know and we can try to sort something out. 


Thanks. Suzanne 

She later said that she would be free on Christmas Eve but i'm afraid that is too late after the deadline. I have learnt from this to be more organised for next year and not to rely on just one company to get the visits no matter how many people you ask at one place. She has said that she would be free on Christmas Eve but i'm afraid that is too late after the deadline. I have learnt from this to be more organised for next year and not to rely on just one company to get the visits no matter how many people you ask at one place. I am hoping that she will give me some feedback on my PDF portfolio that I sent her so at least I can get some feedback on how to improve it for the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment