Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Portfolio Visit One

On Wednesday afternoon I arranged to meet a fashion photographer/stylist called Rebecca Tessler who I managed to keep in contact with when leaving my BETEC diploma and who currently works for French Connection and is doing some styling for JD Sports. I took my portfolio to meet her in a cafe in town and we had a good chat. As Rebecca studied fashion photography she could give me the most advise on the digital fashion prints that I had created and didn't want to really comment on my other work because she wasn't experienced in it.

She said that she thought the patterns were really nice and especially like the horseshoe one that I did for wild west but it would have been nice to see it on some fabric. She also really liked my aztec pattern for wild west and said that the pattern reminded her of something she'd seen in Urban Outfitters, but pointed out that the filter i'd used on it looked a little distorted, which I agree with. She said that all my work was digital and although it looked good in terms of linking my portfolio together it would be nice to see more tactile prints and my designs printed onto real clothing. This is something that I have been thinking myself for a while so I was in noway shocked to hear this and completely agree. She also commented on how perhaps I could get some better templates for some of my designs or actually put them onto products. Overall she said that she really liked my pattern designs and that my digital skills on illustrator shined through the most. I explained to her that next year for my final major project I would like to look at designing some geometric style patterns onto fabric and she loved this idea. She also offered to help me out with the photographing of them when I said it was something that I wasn't too confident in which I thought was brilliant and am very excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment