Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Portfolio Visit Number Two, Lily Greenwood

For my second portfolio visit I visited the studio of Lily Greenwood who created beautiful hand painted canvas's with butterflies and birds on them. Her work is very colourful and her designs are on a range of products which is really good to see as it shows how different designs can be transformed into other things and how artwork can be applied to product in different ways. She said that she was quite busy so she didn't have too much time but I quickly talked through my work and her responses were very positive.


Firstly she said that she wasn't experienced in surface design but would still give advise and I was kind of glad about this because I think it's good to get feedback from all different types of artists as it gives you more variety. She really liked my screen printed bag with the triangle and sun and said that the print had come out really well. She also liked my BMW pattern that had been photoshopped onto a bag which was reassuring to hear. She thought that my circular pattern was reminded her of a 60s wallpaper and she really liked the colours. She didn't have anything negative to say about my work which I was really pleased and shocked at and it felt really good to go away with a lot of positive vibes. She apologised for not having more constructive criticism and for having to rush which I thought was really kind of her and I was really thankful for her time. The final thing she said was that my portfolio was well presented and I had some really good work in there, so overall I was really pleased with the advise and took the visit as a really positive thing.

Some of her painted canvas's are below.



No comments:

Post a Comment