Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Freedom


When looking through my sketchbook for my current brief 'personal passions' I came to the realisation that I was working on quite a few different passions. After having a think & trying to analyse the situation I selected the main things that I felt most passionate about. The selected passions were; aztec, hippie's, music, staining, animals & feathers. Obviously I couldn't include all of these passions in just one project so I decided to find a way of linking these things together that would enable me to explore a little into each of these ideas . I came up with the idea of 'freedom'.

When I think of hippie's one of the things that comes to mind is how free they are. They don't follow any rules & their way of life is very chilled & happy & free. I also feel that the action of staining things is quite a free motion as you aren't always intending to do it & it just kind of happens, therefore you aren't sticking to any particular guide line & are just letting the stain develop freely. The way that light feathers float  around further reminds me of freedom & the fact that they were once attached to an animal but then broke free and became loose also reminds me of this. I also see animals as free beings who explore the world with innocent eyes hunting & learning & just simply living. And finally I thought of how I feel when I listen to music & this also related to feeling free, with it sometimes being the only action that I can do which will make me unwind & forget any worries taking me to a happy & free state of mind. 

With this new subject in mind I will now begin to research into 'freedom'. I am planning on asking people to define freedom & what it means to them. It will be interesting to get people's ideas & opinions on this as I think everyone will have a different feeling towards it. I am planning to take some photo's of feathers & animals in natural habitats & perhaps some flowers. I am now very excited to continue with this brief as I think i've developed a strong connection in my work & understanding of a path to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment